Tuesday, June 1, 2010

4 Months


Peanut:

My how you are growing so fast! You have changed so much these past few weeks. Everyday you are mastering a new skill and discovering new things. You are now starting to "play" with mommy and daddy more and we love it! At the doctors today you weighed 12.9 lbs, you were 24 in tall and your head was 16.5 in. You are in about the 50% for your head, about 32% for height and about 28% for weight-you are our little peanut! You got 4 vaccines today, and so far you are doing much better than last time. You are a healthy baby girl and we are so thankful for that! We couldn't ask for anything bettter!
You are still sleeping like a gem and I cant tell you enough how much I love it! We just dropped your late night feeding and you are doing great. We feed you at 7, you go down around 8 and we don't see you again until 7 in the morning. You are so sweet when you wake up! We can hear you talking to yourself through the monitor. You will razz and making you little sighs and breathe really hard. Daddy always jokes that you just got back from your morning run. We love to listen to you play so we let you hang out for about 20 mins, then Daddy goes to get you. He loves going to get you! You always give the biggest smiles ever!! My favorite is when we go in and you have not seen us yet. I will just watch you play and look around. Then they second your eye catches us, your face lights up and you crack up laughing. They are by far the best moments I have ever had! You are so happy in the morning until you see your mama and you realize you are hungary! You want your food and fast! You are still our little greedy eater, you take it very seriously! We always joke that your favorite time of day is on your changing pad. You seriously love it there, it is hysterical! You do your best laughs, best razzes and we have the best conversations on that table. You have been razzing for awhile now, but you have really mastered it lately and it is all you do! You make quite the little noises- cry like a little lamb, squawk like a little bird, growl like a lion. You are starting to squeal and its my favorite! You are so adorable! You are still a little chatter box and you always have so much to say. Your laugh is getting longer and louder and it is so funny. You are starting to laugh hard when we laugh with you, and you are also imitating noises we make. Everyday you invent a new noise and we love hearing what you come up with. You are such a curious little girl and I have a feeling you will be a busy baby. You already love to stand on my lap so you can check everything out, or lay or my lap so you can see everyones face. You love watching little kids play. You dont really notice other babies yet (like your cousin or friends) but you cant take your eyes off the older kids at church. Speaking of church, you struggle in that department. It's during nap time and you do a good job at telling me you want to be home napping. Last week you peed on me, the week before you spit up 5 times on your dress, and the week before that you had a massively massive blow out! Your acid reflux is getting so much better and we are so happy! I think I can officially say it doesn't really bug you that much anymore! Your new medicine is working like a champ! Now you are happy all the time. You are quite the napper too. I am amazed at the amount of sleep you get some days. If I stay at home all day you will take 2 2hr.naps, plus 2 1 hr. naps. Its pretty crazy, and again I love you for it! You are starting to stay up longer though, so I have a feeling you will be phasing one of those naps out soon. You have started to sleep without your arms swaddled and it is a huge accomplishment. I thought we would always have to swaddle you, but one day you put up such a fuss that we took your arms out and you have done fine ever since. You are sitting up so well in your bumbo chair and love to be in it. You are liking tummy time a lot better but you still get mad if we leave you on your tummy too long. You also are loving you Baby Einstein octopus toy. I hang it from your bouncer mobile and you talk that things ear off. You love to hear the music and see the colors. It is your favorite toy by far. A close second is your other bouncer chair with the lion mobile. You will every so often get ahold of the string a pull it, either music plays or it growls or meows. You crack up and you think your pretty dang funny when you do it. Like I said before you are getting so curious. When we go new places you won't really preform your sounds or tricks because you are too busy checking everything out. For the most part you are just happy to hang out and just observe you surroundings. You now prefer to be held vertically so you can see everything. You will only let me hold you in my arms horizontally if you are beyond exhausted. I love it when you fall asleep in my arms though. I fear that those days are fleeing so I do it every chance I get. You are also starting to take naps your crib during the day. This is huge for the baby that only liked her crib at night. It is the funnies thing. You will go down in your crib at night with out a peep, but during the day you hate hate hate the crib. So in the swing you went. Now you will sleep in the crib! Your getting so big and we are so proud of you!! You still love books and music. If you are fussy we just have to turn music on and you instantly stop. You hair is still growing like a weed. We wonder what color it will be. The roots are a golden blonde but on the sides you have a lot of auburn in it like your mommy did. We will see what happens!
You are our littlest princess and we grow more and more in love with you everyday. You are mamas little BFF and I love spending my days with you-I wouldn't have it any other way! We love how vocal, smiley and sweet you are. We are so lucky that you are happy and healthy!! You are such a blessing in our lives and I can't imagine not having you here...life would be so boring without you! We hope you always know how much we love you- our little sunshine girl!!
xoxo- Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment